|As many of you have noticed, the site is experiencing issues that affect editing and display of images. This is due to resource limitations on the current server setup. I am in the process of moving the site to a dedicated server. This should be completed in a day or two.|
Arrested Development/Public Relations
Public Relations is the eleventh episode of the first season of Arrested Development.
And: Carl Weathers (Himself)
After George Michael fails to be accepted by the presitigious Milford School due to a brawl in a franchise restaurant between Lindsay and Lucille, Michael hires an attractive publicist to redefine the family's image. As part of this new image, Tobias is sent to renew his medical license when he meets an idol of his, GOB performs his magic show in a nursing home, and Lindsay gets an unconventional job at a restaurant.
- Top Banana: Tobias meets Carl Weathers, the real life actor who was supposedly teaching a stage fighting class that Tobias attended.
- Pilot: GOB's magic trick is the "Aztec Tomb", the trick that got him blackballed from the Magician's Alliance.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Newspaper: One of the headlines on the newspaper Michael reads is "Musician sues restaurant over use of name". This is a reference to the fact that the hip-hop group "Arrested Development" sued the show for similar reasons.
- Lucille: I'll have the ... "Ike and Tina Tuna".
Waitress: Plate or platter?
Lucille: I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.
- Jessie: There are very few intelligent, attractive, and straight men in this town.
Tobias: Well, that certainly leaves me out.
- Jessie: Daddy lost his shot at happy and it's all your fault, Opie.
Narrator: Jessie had gone too far. And she had best watch her mouth.
- Lindsay (reading some bad press): "Lindsay is a combative, entitled princess"? I should hire somebody to kick your ass for that!