Angel/There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb
There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb is the twenty-second episode of the second season of Angel, and the forty-fourth episode overall. In order to escape from the demon dimension, Angel and the others must aid a group of rebels in overthrowing the reign of the priests.
Guest Starring: Andy Hallett (Lorne), Amy Acker (Winifred Burkle), Brody Hutzler (Landok), Mark Lutz (Groosalugg), Michael Phenicie (Silas), Tom McCleister (Deathwok Clan Mother), Lee Reherman (The Captain)
The priests push for Cordelia to mate with the Groosalugg, so her visions will pass on and she will be put to death. As Wesley is put in charge of the rebels, Angel joins them to help save Cordelia. However, this means turning again into the beast, which he fears he may not recover from.
Monster of the Week
- There is no monster of the week in this episode.
|1||Slave||Priest||Head Exploded||Priest Chambers|
|2||Guard||Rebel||Axe to the Head||Rebel Camp|
|3||Blue Demon||Angel||Stabbed||Fred's Cave|
- Pylea: Cordelia renounces her title as princess after transforming the dimension into a free world without slavery. In her stead, she places Groosalugg in power.
- Lorne: Aside from his psychic abilities, another one of Lorne's abilities is revealed; If his head is cut off, he remains alive until his body is mutilated.
- BtVS - 5z22 - The Gift: Willow appears at the end of the episode to tell Angel that Buffy is dead. She sacrificed her own life to stop the plans of Glory, a demon who wanted to return to her dimension. Of course, this death would prove to be less than permanent.
- Angel: It's Buffy.
- 2x10 - Reunion: Angel fired Wesley, Gunn, and Cordelia when he sensed himself going down a very dark path. Although, at the time it just looked like he was being a jerk, later it was revealed that he was attempting to protect them from his more violent, grim methods of work.
- Angel: Look, when I fired you guys the reason I... Darkness was coming out in me. I didn't want you near it.
Behind the Scenes
- Crazy Credits: The Special Guest Star credit for Alyson Hannigan was kept until the ending credits in order to make sure her appearance at the end of the episode was a surprise.
- Ratings: On its first airing, this episode scored a 4.8/7 in the overnight Nielsen ratings. It was ranked 4th out of the 17 WB shows which aired that week.
Allusions and References
- When one of the priests prepares to take down Cordelia's message, you can see the purple makeup ends at his wrist.
- Gunn: I got a plan.
- Wesley: Oh, thank God! What is it?
- Gunn: We die horribly and painfully, you go to Hell and I spend eternity in the arms of baby Jesus.
- Wesley: Oh.
- Fred: You'll get better with a little rest and care.
- Angel: I don't think so.
- Fred: Why wouldn't ya?
- Angel: You saw what I turn into. Back in L.A. it's bad, but here it's...
- Fred: We all got our demons.
- Fred: Tacos! Sorry. I didn't mean to holler at you. I love tacos. Do-Do they still have 'em, you know, back...
- Angel: Home? Yeah. They didn't outlaw tacos.
- Fred: (giggles) No. Of course not. I've been trying to make an enchilada out of tree bark.
- Angel: Bark enchiladas. How's that goin'?
- Fred: There's work to be done.
- Fred: They're not words. They're consonant representations of a mathematical transfiguration formula.
- Angel: Well, obviously.
- Fred: They'll kill you and you'll turn into that beast. (pause) Maybe not exactly in that order.
- Cordelia: Do you mind if I hit him over the head with you?
- Lorne: Yes!
- Wesley: Why do people keep putting me in charge of things?
- Gunn: I have no idea.
- Groosalugg: It was worth it for one moment of your intimate touch.
- Cordelia: That was an accident. I-It was kind of dark and - Oh, you mean the hug.
- Angel: Look, when I fired you guys the reason I... The darkness was coming out in me. I didn't want you near it. The thing that comes out here is ten times worse. Wes, I do this, you know I won't come back from it.
- Wesley: Yes, you will. I know you. (glances over at Gunn) We know you. We know you're a man with a demon inside - not the other way around. We know you have the strength to do what needs to be done and you’ll come back to us.
- Angel: I challenge the Groosalugg to mortal combat. Come out and face me, you spineless coward!
- Fred: Ooh, why'd you add that coward thing? That's really gonna piss him off.
- Angel: This guy, he doesn't feel pain?
- Fred: Oh, he-he feels it, but he's the Groosalug. He overcomes all things. Good luck.
- Cordelia: Stop the fight! Don't hurt him. Stop. I love him. I love him.
- Angel: You love me?
- Cordelia: Not you, dumbass! Him! I love him!
- Angel: Oh.
- Angel: Isn't there something you want to say to your mother?
- Lorne: Mm, "May you burn in Tarkna?"
- Angel: Come on, she's not that bad. I mean, she didn't store your body on top of the maggot pile like you thought she would, now, did she?
- Lorne: Bye, Mom, thanks for storing my body on the lice pile instead of the maggot heap.
- Deathwok Clan Mother: I thought that you were lost to us forever, but... you came back. You came back. The runt of my loins came back after raining such misery on our lives and managed to shame us even further! (spits at Lorne)
- Angel: Alright then we'll just be...
- Deathwok Clan Mother: Who's supposed to do our labour now that your cow friend has freed the slaves? Do you know what they call me at the Hall of Drinks and Chance? Mother of the Vile Excrement!
- Angel: Be sure to keep in touch.
- Deathwok Clan Mother: Go on, misfit, back to your world where no one knows his place. May you rot in Tarkna!
- Angel: Well, every family's got its problems.
- Deathwok Clan Mother: Numfar, do the Dance of Shame!
- Angel: Yours more than most.
- Lorne: My psychic friend told me I had to come back here. I didn't believe her. Then I realised I did have to come back here, because I really always thought I had to come back here, deep down inside, you know? I had to come back here to find out I didn't have to come back here. I don't belong here. I hate it here. You know where I belong? L.A. You know why? Nobody belongs there. It's the perfect place for guys like us.
- Angel: That's kinda beautiful.
- Lorne: Ain't it?
- Cordelia: You're in charge now. You’ve got a long road ahead. Slavery has ended, but reconstruction has just begun.
- Groosalugg: What is this re-con-struction?
- Cordelia: Gunn, you wanna field this?
- Gunn: It means sayin' people are free don't make 'em free. You got races that hate each other. You got some folks gettin' work they don't want, others losin' the little they had. You're lookin' at social confusion, economic depression, and probably some riots. Good luck.
- Wesley: Should people be bowing in a free society?
- Cordelia: These things take time.
- Angel: Can I say it? I wanna say it.
- Wesley: Say what?
- Angel: There's no place like--
- (Angel opens the doors see Willow)
- Angel: Willow?
- Cordelia: What's...?
- Angel: It's Buffy.