Reunion is the tenth episode of the second season of Angel, and the thirty-second episode overall. Darla is reborn as a vampire and Angel must attempt to stop her from killing innocent lives. But when she targets Wolfram & Hart, can he rise to their aid?
With Darla now sired and too late to stop her resurrection as a vampire, Angel tries to find Darla who has begun to wreak havoc with Drusilla. However, the Powers That Be try to steer Angel elsewhere.
Monster of the Week
- There is no monster of the week in this episode.
|1||Irate Driver||Darla||Blood Drained||Outside a Restaurant|
|2||Shop Girl||Darla||Snapped Neck||Clothing Store|
|3||Holland||Darla||Blood Drained||Holland's Wine Cellar|
Music is listed in order of appearance in the episode:
- Fear Factory - "Shock"
- Wolfram & Hart: It seems that Wolfram & Hart was involved in Darla's transformation afterall. Unlucky for them because Darla and Drusilla decide to have a massacre at Holland's wine tasting party. Among the dead are Holland and, presumably, his wife.
- Angel Investigations: After being confronted with his methods of getting things done, Angel fires Wesley, Cordelia and Gunn.
- Darla: After being forced to drink from Drusilla's blood, Darla has been "reborn" as a vampire.
- Kate: Despite being bitten by Angel in a previous episode, Kate seems to have warmed up to him again. After being arrested, she lets Angel go to stop Darla and Drusilla's killing spree.
- BtVS - 2x07 - Lie to Me: The song that Drusilla sings to Darla's corpse is the same tune that she sang to a little boy from an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Behind the Scenes
- Ratings: On its first airing, this episode scored a 4.4/7 in the overnight Nielsen ratings. It was ranked 3rd out of the 17 WB shows which aired that week.
Allusions and References
- General Custer: George A. Custer was a general during the American civil war for the Union and was also well known for his role in the Indian Wars. During the Battle of Little Bighorn, Custer led troops into battle against forces that greatly outnumbered him. Despite knowing this, he still split his soldiers into three units. However, two of these units wound up holding defensive positions and Custer's soldiers were slaughtered, along with Custer himself.
- Cordelia: Wolfram and Hart, as in vampire detectors, crack security system and armed guards? Nice plan, General Custer.
- Angel arrives at the wine tasting party in time to save the lives of everyone in the cellar. However, instead of leaping in to save the day, he walks out and locks the lawyers in with Darla and Drusilla.
- Angel pulls back the sheet covering Darla's face, but as he fights Dru, you can see at one point that the sheet is covering her head again.
- Wesley: What happened?
- Gunn: I don't know. He's been kind of in and out. I only got half the story. The half that didn't make sense.
- Wesley: Angel, if what you've been saying is so, there's no saving Darla. It's too late.
- Angel: It's not too late!
- Wesley: It is! She's dead already and come nightfall she will rise again.
- Angel: She won't. (pulling out a stake) I can save her from that.
- Gunn: Okay, I'm still trying to get this family tree straight. Darla sired Angel.
- Wesley: Correct.
- Gunn: And Angel sired this Drusilla?
- Wesley: Back when he and Darla were together, yes.
- Gunn: But before Angel got his soul back, right?
- Wesley: Certainly.
- Gunn: Now these lawyers, they brought Darla back as human. Now this Drusilla-vamp goes and bites Darla?
- Wesley: So it would seem.
- Gunn: Making her a vampire again.
- Wesley: That's the cosmological upshot, yes. Darla's human self has died and sometime before dawn, unless Angel can stop it, she will rise again, a soulless demon.
- Gunn: So that means...
- Wesley: The clock is ticking.
- Gunn: No, no, what I'm saying is, that means the granddaughter remade the grandmother.
- Wesley: Oh... yes.
- Gunn: Man, somehow that weirds me out more than the whole bloodsucking thing.
- Cordelia: You can't go in uninvited, remember? You need us!
- Angel: Not this time.
- Cordelia: So, what's the plan? Stand outside his door and make remarks?
- Drusilla: (seeing the stars) I can hear them singing to me.
- Drusilla: I saw you coming, my lovely. The moon showed me. It told me to come into the twentieth century.
- Angel: It's the twenty-first century, Dru.
- Drusilla: I'm still lagging.
- Cordelia: How'd it go?
- Angel: Everyone gear up. Grab something sharp. We need to move fast.
- Cordelia: I'm gonna guess not great?
- Angel: They're out there, both of them.
- Wesley: So you did find them, then? Where are they now?
- Angel: I don't know.
- Cordelia: But you know where they're going to be?
- Angel: Not exactly.
- Wesley: But yet you have your suspicions?
- Angel: Actually, I don't.
- Cordelia: So it's more like a hunch.
- Angel: Wouldn't say hunch.
- Cordelia: Would you say inkling? Please tell me you could at least say inkling.
- Angel: For the moment, anyway. They're separated. If we can find one of them before they join up again, we have a good chance of stopping something very ugly before it starts.
- Wesley: Yes, but, Angel, I don't think the four of us in one car patrolling a city of ten million people is going to yield results.
- Angel: You're right. Which is why we're going to follow the one solid lead we have. We're going to Wolfram and Hart.
- Cordelia: Hitting the pause button. Wolfram and Hart - as in vampire detectors, crack security system, and armed guards? Nice plan, General Custer.
- Angel: Drusilla's insane, deadly, not in a good mood. Darla - she needs to feed soon, okay? And once she does she's gonna be that much stronger. Now we got two options: either we go back to the people who brought them both here in the first place, or we sit around, waiting for the bodies to start piling up. I decided not to wait. Anyone wants to join me, my car's outside. If not, that's fine, too.
- Gunn: You had me at "everyone gear up."
- Angel: Let's go.
- Wesley: There's no good to be done if we don't get there in one piece.
- Angel: We don't have much time.
- (Cordelia gets a vision)
- Wesley: Angel, pull over.
- Angel: I'll slow down, all right?
- Wesley: No! Pull over. She's having a vision.
- Gunn: Tell me it ain't us she's seeing, wrapped around a lamppost.
- Cordelia: It's in the other direction. Turn around.
- Angel: We're almost there!
- Wesley: Angel!
- Angel: She should have done this before we left the hotel.
- Burly Guy: You two wanna move it out of the street? Yeah, that's right, sweetheart. Why don't you and your girlfriend take the make-out session on home. The rest of us have lives.
- Darla: (vamping out) Not for long.
- Drusilla: Oh. I'm ringing. Do you hear it? I'm ringing... all... over! (Darla reaches into the front of Dru's dress and pulls out a cell phone) Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.
- Holland Manners: Angel. I don't believe we've had the pleasure. (offering his hand) Holland Manners.
- Angel: I'd be careful who you offer that hand to, Mr Manners. You might just lose it. Isn't that right, Lindsey?
- Lindsey: There's worse things to lose, aren't there?
- Angel: I can crush the life out of you before they even lift a finger.
- Holland Manners: Oh, I'm sure you can. Just as sure as I am that you won't.
- Angel: Won't I?
- Holland Manners: You don't kill humans.
- Angel: You don't qualify. You set things in motion, play your little games up here in your glass and chrome tower, and people die. Innocent people.
- Holland Manners: And yet I just can't seem to care.
- Angel: As if you're just gonna let me walk out of here, huh?
- Holland Manners: Oh, as a matter of fact, I am. You misunderstand us, Angel. We don't want you dead... yet. If we did, you wouldn't be standing here. (to the guards) Would you please escort our guest out of the building? (to Angel) I would walk you out myself, but I'm running a little late for a wine tasting at my home, and just so we're clear on the matter, you're not invited.
- Drusilla: You have beautiful skin.
- Lilah: I moisturise.
- Drusilla: That was very thoughtful of you.
- Drusilla: Grandmum won't eat the doublespeak.
- Drusilla: I hear the sirens. They don't know if the world will be there in the morning.
- Lilah: (to Lindsey) Do you hear the sirens? A-Are the police coming?
- Lindsey: No. She senses what this place was built for.
- Holland: Ah, yes. Drusilla, you're quite right. This was originally a bomb shelter in the '50s. We had it converted. Wine has always been my passion.
- Drusilla: People huddled together, crouching in fear.
- Holland Manners: Yes, yes. I imagine that's what it would have been like in a war.
- Darla: No. Now. She means now.
- Holland Manners: Aha. (chuckles) I guess I stepped into that one.
- Drusilla: It's not Daddy. It's never Daddy. (hisses) It's the Angel-beast.
- Darla: Come to punish us?
- Drusilla: Yeah, yeah. Spank us till Tuesday. We promise to be bad if you do.
- Darla: Come on, love. I never did get that good-bye kiss.
- Angel: You will... but not tonight.
- Lilah: For God's sake, help us.
- Holland: Angel, please. People are going to die.
- Angel: And yet, somehow, I just can't seem to care.
- Wesley: And you... just walked away?
- Angel: No. I walked to my car and then I drove away.
- Cordelia: You have to change the way you've been doing things. Don't you see where this is taking you?
- Wesley: Listen to her. Right now, the three of us are all that's standing between you and real darkness.
- Gunn: You best believe that, man.
- Angel: I do. You're all fired.