Angel/Life of the Party
Life of the Party is the fifth episode of the fifth season of Angel, and the ninety-third episode overall. Wolfram & Hart holds its annual Halloween party, but when Lorne goes into overdrive attempting to make things go off without a hitch, he starts to affect people in strange ways.
Lorne works tirelessly to plan for the office Halloween party despite Angel’s resistance. With guests suspicious of treachery and mysterious murders, the party gets even more out of hand when some of the guests begin behaving oddly.
Monster of the Week
There is no monster of the week in this episode.
|1||Artode||Hulking Lorne||Torn Apart||Bathroom|
Music is listed in order of appearance in the episode:
- Thelma Houston - "Don't Leave Me This Way"
- Inside Joke: The movie that Lorne is describing at the beginning of the episode seems to be Firefly, Joss Whedon's space-western on FOX for which episode writer Ben Edlund worked on.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Mr. Magoo: Mr. Magoo is a cartoon character created by John Hubley in 1949. Mr. Quincy Magoo is a very wealthy man who winds up getting into several unlucky situations due to his poor eyesight. He was originally voiced by Jim Backus.
- Lorne: Can't you just feel up the big picture, Mr. Magoo?
- Lorne: (reading the print out for the party) What is this? "Wolfram and Hart wants to be up your alley"? Sounds like a bus station pick-up line. Change it. Second thought, burn it.
- Spike: In my day no self-respecting creature of the night went out on All Hallow's Eve. We left that to the poseurs, the blighters who had to dress up and try to be scary.
- Lorne: And believe me, milk dud, speaking as the head of your P.R. Department, we need all the face we can get.
- Angel:: Milk dud?
- Lorne: Said with affection.
- Angel: Okay, listen, I understand the whole "keeping up appearances" concept, but everyone coming to this thing is unrepentant, dyed-in-the-wool evil.
- Lorne: Angel, a good host just doesn't make these sort of judgements.
- Angel: We don't know how many of them are holding grudges against us or against each other. It's a perfect recipe for an out-of-control bloodbath.
- Lorne: You're just describing every good party I've ever been to.
- Lorne: You know, Angel, I - I don't have superhuman strength and I'm not a fighter. Quantum physics makes me nauseous and I barely made a passing grade at mystical studies, but I'm on your team. This is something I can do. I believe it has a purpose that can help you, even if you don't.
- Employee #1: Man, this is lame. I mean, where's the ritual sacrifice? How do you get the ball rolling without a sacrifice?
- Angel: I'm brooding.
- Lorne: Oh, you're watching hockey!
- Angel: Yeah, but my team is losing.
- Fred: Wesley, I am totally drunkfaced.
- Wesley: Because you can't hold your... What are you drinking?
- Fred: Nothing.
- Wesley: You can't hold that.
- Spike: Hey! Angel's gettin some! Good on you, mate.
- Angel: Lorne told you to pee all over the office?
- Gunn: Lord, I hope so!
- Angel: And Eve, you stay here with me and we'll have more sex.
- Eve: I'm on it.
- Fred: We could be confidantes confiding confidentially.
- Gunn: Oh, and your chair.
- Angel: What?
- Gunn: Don't sit in it. I already called janitorial.
- Angel: Why can't I -?
- Spike: You pissed in the big man's chair? That's fantastic!
- Gunn: Spike, can you please turn off that warm fuzzy?
- Spike: What, the Lorne thing? Wore off. I just think that's bloody fabulous.