X-Men: Evolution/Under Lock & Key
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Under Lock & Key is the ninth episode of the third season of X-Men: Evolution, and the thirty-ninth episode overall.
Guest Stars: Jim Byrnes (Nick Fury), Matt Hill (Alex Masters/Havok), Jim Byrnes (Museum guard), Andrew Francis (Bobby Drake/Iceman), Ron Halder (Mesmero), Mark Hildreth (Angel), Alessandro Juliani (Gambit), Trevor Devall (Museum guard)
Mesmero tricks Gambit into stealing one half of the second key to Apocalypse's tomb, which happens to be located at one of the Worthington estates. This prompts Angel to ask for the X-Men's aid in stopping Mesmero from obtaining the other half in the London Museum. When the X-Men arrive there, they end up fighting the Acolytes and Mesmero is able to fuse to the two pieces together, much to the chagrin of both teams. The X-Men and Acolytes fight a large, neon-green spider created from the fused artifact but by the time Professor Xavier realizes that the spider is actually a guardian that will help them fight against Apocalypse, Magneto destroys it and inadvertedly opens the second door to Apocalypse's tomb.
- The first door to Apocalypse's tomb was unlocked in season two's "Mindbender."
- The group of mutants that end up going to London to stop Mesmero happen to be the five original X-Men in the comic book series: Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Beast and Jean Grey.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Overall Grade: B+ after 1 review.
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 1 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0
- This was a decent episode from start to finish, though personally, I had a thrill with Pyro in the museum because he truly enjoys his work (or at the very least, his fire). I did like how they had Iceman sneak on board as opposed to being selected to go on this mission because otherwise, the convenience of having these five original X-Men together would have been too contrived. Additionally, the ending had a nice twist. Way to screw everyone over, Magneto! Grade: B+ --Contrivance 22:18, 10 September 2006 (EDT)