|The site hasn't been moved yet, but the resource problem has been solved in the short term.|
The Daily Show/Irwin Redlener (September 26, 2005)
Guest Stars: Dr. Irwin Redlener (Guest)
- Hurricane Rita: Waterworld, Jon Stewart - Tonight's show focused on Hurricane Rita, which proved the old rule that no matter how anticipated, sequels are always less compelling than the original.
- Rita's Digest - Government's response to Rita went much more smoothly than Katrina, which was littered with faux pas, or as Bush prefers to call them, freedom pas. Bush also decides it's time to learn more about what goes on at the state and local levels... in Texas... where he was governor...
- Pressing Obligations, Ed Helms - A heroic Ed Helms does his part to help the people, and stuffed animals, affected by the hurricane.
- This Week in God, Stephen Colbert - Why do bad things happen? Stephen Colbert looks into what wise men have said on the issue over the ages. Men such as the Dalai Lama, and of course, Larry King.
Dr. Irwin Redlener, founder and director of the National Center for Disaster Preparedness, was on the show talking about our nation's lack of preparedness, and quite frankly, bumming everbody out.
- Ed Helms Senior Hurricane Analyst
Moment of Zen
A reporter out in a hurricane, who previously on the show was shown getting knocked over by the wind, saying, "slipping and falling is something that's very easy to do, and it's just stupid to be out in this."