TBS is an American basic cable television network, focusing on both second-run and original sitcoms and other comedy series. It serves as an important part of Turner Broadcasting System, Time Warner's cable television subsidiary.
The channel started in the 1970s as local Atlanta channel 17, with the callsign WTCG, owned by the Turner Communications Group (TCG). The station became the nation's first superstation in 1976. Despite nationwide status, there were still plenty of local Atlanta spots for places like diners and used car lots. The Turner Communications Group became the Turner Broadcasting System in 1979, changing the callsign of channel 17 to WTBS.
For the longest time, TBS was in a state of identity crisis. In the 1990s, there were programs on TBS ranging from kids' shows, to comedy, to drama, to feature length movies, to sports, to even niche programming. Sometimes one genre would outweigh another heavily. As Cartoon Network began to thrive, kids' shows were slowly moved off the other Turner networks. This was also due to the increased regulations of the FCC's kidvid laws. When the new millennium came, sister network TNT flipped formats to all drama. The only logical move would be for TBS to flip to a comedy network. In 2005, TBS dropped its superstation name, and adopted the slogan "Very Funny."
WTBS was on locally in Atlanta on digital channel 20, broadcasting in HDTV (1080i), until October 1, 2007, when the channel was rebranded as Peachtree TV, changing the callsign to WPCH-TV. While Turner still owns the station and its license, WPCH-TV is operated under a local marketing agreement, by the Meredith Corporation since early 2011.
- Program Listing: A complete listing of shows that aired new episodes on TBS.
- Conan (Season 6)
- Full Frontal with Samantha Bee (Season 1 — February 8, 2016)
- Angie Tribeca (Season 2 — June 6, 2016)
- Wrecked (Season 1 — June 14, 2016)
- The Detour (Season 2 — sometime in 2017)
- American Dad (Season 12 — sometime in 2017)
- Angie Tribeca (Season 3 — sometime in 2017)
- Wrecked (Season 2 — sometime in 2017)
- People of Earth (Season 1 — sometime in 2017)
- Search Party (Season 1 — sometime in 2016)