From The TV IV
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Asmoth is the sixth episode of the first season of Strange, and the seventh and final episode overall.
Cast: Kerry Elkins (Helen Baxter), Samantha Janus (Jude Atkins), Alistair MacKenzie (The Voice of Rich), William Tomlin (Joey), Sarah Flind (Swimming Pool Manager), James Carcaterra (Ken), Richard Coyle (John Strange), Andrew Lee Potts (Toby), Souad Faress (Mrs Singh), Sean Harris (Robin Thomas), Tom Baker (Father Bernard), Ian Richardson (Canon Black), Samuel Barnett (Doddington), Jim Carter (Inspector Stuart), Timmy Lang (Kevin), Fiona Bruce (Lynn), Donald Pelmear (Mr Parrish), Michael Mellinger (Patient), Richard Manson (Patrick), Ken Bradshaw (Houseman), Claire Jennings (Jean), Bob Mercer (Police Officer), Jack Pierce (Police Officer)
Demon of the Week
- Asmoth: Also known as Asmodius or Asteroth, Asmoth was worshipped in pagan times. A demon above all other demons, he may have been the source of the Christian idea of the Devil. Asmoth devours his victims alive. Over time, he also inspired human followers, who filed down their teeth to a point so they could follow the example of their master. A few years ago, Asmoth killed Strange's fiancée Helen and marked Strange with a scar.
Allusions and References
- Matthew Hopkins: Claiming the title of "Witchfinder General", Matthew Hopkins was a witchhunter during the time of the English Civil War. His exploits were fictionalized in the 1968 movie Witchfinder General starring Vincent Price, which at the time gained notoriety for its gruesome torture scenes.
- Strange: The journals of Matthew Hopkins, 1646.
- As far as discernible, the Latin inscription on the flagstone under the cathedral floor reads:
HIC FUIT QUONDAM IN HOC SITU
LOCUS IPSE UBI DIABOLUS
SUB NOMINE SUPRA INSCRIPTO
NOTUS SE MONSTRAVIT CAVEAN
IGITUR OMNES NE HOC MALUM
ORBEM TERRARUM ITERUM REDEAT
- Overall Grade: N/A with 0 reviews
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0