| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
My Transition is the twenty-fourth episode of the fifth season of Scrubs, and the one hundred seventeenth episode overall.
Guest Stars: Elizabeth Banks (Dr. Kim Briggs), Ryan Braun (Intern), Aaron Ikeda (Rex), Johnny Kastl (Doug Murphy), Sam Lloyd (Ted Buckland), Robert Maschio (Todd Quinlan), Philip McNiven (Roy), Christina Miles (Gloria), Andrew J. Miller (Baby Jack), Christa Miller (Jordan Sullivan), George Miserlis (Crispin), Paul F. Perry (Randall), Travis Schuldt (Keith Dudemeister), Edward Tinney (Dr. Fulton), Aloma Wright (Nurse Laverne Roberts), Jordan Zucker (Lisa)
- Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee: The song that Kim and Floating Head Doctor sing in J.D.'s fantasy is "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" by Elton John with Kiki Dee. The song was John's biggest hit in 1976 and was meant to be heavily inspired by the Motown sound, particularly duets sung by Marvin Gaye and other similar artists.
- I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round) by Alicia Bridges: When J.D. is trying to shoo all of the gay men cruising for casual sex off of his deck, "I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round)" by Alicia Bridges plays in the background. Bridges was a one-hit wonder with the disco tune in 1978 when it charted as high as #5 on the Billboard charts.
- Love Hurts by Nazareth: During J.D.'s date with Kim when he's riding bareback on the beach, a bit of "Love Hurts" by Nazareth plays in the background. This version of the song is a cover, it was originally performed by The Everly Brothers.
- America, performed by Turk: After Kim tells J.D. that she's going to a Neil Diamond concert with Elliot, Turk sings a couple bars of "America" by Diamond. The song is a positive interpretation of the immigration boom of the early 1900s. The song is intensely patriot, so much that it ends with an interpolation of "My Country, 'Tis of Thee."
- Delirious Love by Neil Diamond: The song that plays while J.D. and Kim are lying on his deck is "Delirious Love," a song by Neil Diamond off his 2006 album 12 Songs. The single version of the song is a duet with Brian Wilson of Beach Boys fame.
Behind the Scenes
- Transition: This is the first and only episode of the series to be broadcast in high definition widescreen in the United States airing. The use of a HD signal was a test to see how it would go over with viewers. The test apparently went poorly, as the entirety of season six was broadcast in 4:3 standard definition.