|As many of you have noticed, the site is experiencing issues that affect editing and display of images. This is due to resource limitations on the current server setup. I am currently looking at options to upgrade the server and hope to have the issue resolved soon.|
Saturday Night Live/The Complete First Season
The first season set includes all musical performances, sketches and mishaps from the first season of the sketch comedy series. This includes the infamous Louise Lasser episode, which had been kept out of syndication by Lorne Michaels for many years. Also included in the set is a 32 page photo book and original screen tests for the cast.
- Episodes: Candice Bergen/Esther Phillips, Robert Klein/ABBA, Loudon Wainwright III, Lily Tomlin/Howard Shore and His All Nurse Band
- Episodes: Richard Pryor/Gil-Scott Heron, Candice Bergen/Martha Reeves, The Stylistics, Elliott Gould/Anne Murray
- Episodes: Buck Henry/Bill Withers, Toni Basil, Peter Cook, Dudley Moore/Neil Sedaka, Dick Cavett/Jimmy Cliff
- Episodes: Anthony Perkins/Betty Carter, Ron Nessen/Patti Smith Group, Raquel Welch/Phoebe Snow, John Sebastian
- Episodes: Elliott Gould/Leon Redbone, Harlan Collins & Joyce Everson, Louise Lasser/Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Kris Kristofferson/Rita Coolidge
- Original screen tests from the cast, including John Belushi.
- A brief interview with Lorne Michaels dated 15 days before the premiere of Saturday Night Live.
Although the initial press releases for the show claimed that the DVD release was completely uncut, this proved to not be entirely true when watched closely:
- All bumpers except for the one between the last sketch and good nights have been cut. Broadway Video has explained that they don't consider the bumpers to be part of the show.
- In the Rob Reiner and Dick Cavett hosted episodes, there were originally no credits because the episodes ran long. In the DVD version of the episodes, the credits roll over a montage of bumpers.
- A parody of a Wrigley's Gum commercial which appeared in the Rob Reiner and Buck Henry episodes has been removed from both episodes.