Peacock is NBCUniversal's new streaming service. Peacock delivers a world-class slate of exclusive originals, on-demand libraries of hit TV shows, plus critically acclaimed films from the vaults of Universal Pictures, Focus Features, DreamWorks Animation, Illumination and Hollywood's biggest studios. In addition, Peacock taps into NBCUniversal's unmatched ability to deliver a broad range of compelling topical content across news, sports, late-night, Spanish-language and reality.
It launched on April 15, 2020 for Comcast's Xfinity X1 and Flex video platforms, before being released nationally on July 15. The 2020 Summer Olympics was originally supposed to be the driving force for the streamer, but was postponed to 2021 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Peacock is a nod to NBC's iconic logo and NBCUniversal's rich legacy of creating beloved films, TV series, characters and franchises that have been at the epicenter of pop culture and will continue to define the future of entertainment.
Peacock is available in two tier selections:
- Peacock Free: This free, ad-supported option will provide fans everywhere with more than 13,000 hours of programming. Peacock Free includes next day access to current seasons of freshman broadcast series, complete classic series, popular movies, curated daily news and sports programming including the Olympics, Spanish-language content, select episodes of marquee Peacock originals and tent-pole series, as well as curated Peacock streaming genre channels such as "SNL Vault," "Family Movie Night" and "Olympic Profiles."
- Peacock Premium: Bundled at no additional cost to 24 million Comcast and Cox subscribers, this ad-supported option will additionally include full season Peacock originals and tent-pole series, next day access to current seasons of returning broadcast series, early access to late night talk shows, and additional sports - such as the Premier League - totaling more than 20,000 hours of content. Also available for $4.99 per month on all popular connected mobile and web devices for non-bundled customers.
Premium customers can upgrade to an ad-free experience for an additional $5.00 per month, or any customer can purchase the ad-free experience directly for $9.99 per month.
- Program Listing: A complete listing of shows that aired new episodes on Peacock.
- Dr. Death (limited series — sometime in 2020)
- Angelyne (limited series — sometime in 2020)
- Saved by the Bell (Season 1 — sometime in 2020)
Shows in Limbo
- Official website for Peacock