DreamWorks Animation is an animation studio based in Glendale, California. Originally a part of DreamWorks SKG, DreamWorks Animation was spun off from its parent company in 2004 and remained as an independent entity until its acquisition by NBCUniversal on August 22, 2016.
The company was created in 2000 by its original parent company, DreamWorks SKG, to produce both traditionally animated and CG animated feature films. Among its features are The Prince of Egypt, Shrek, Madagascar, and Kung Fu Panda.
In 2005, DreamWorks SKG was acquired by Viacom, shortly after spinning off DreamWorks Animation as an independent public company.
On April 28, 2016, NBCUniversal announced plans to acquire DreamWorks Animation and its subsidiary, DreamWorks Classics (the former Classic Media), for $3.8 billion. Following an anti-trust review, the acquisition became official on August 22, 2016.
- Invasion America
- Alienators: Evolution Continues
- Father of the Pride
- The Penguins of Madagascar
- Monsters vs. Aliens
- The Adventures of Puss in Boots
- Comcast's NBCUniversal buys DreamWorks Animation in $3.8-billion deal
- NBCUniversal completes purchase of DreamWorks Animation at the Los Angeles Times