L.A. Law/Hello and Goodbye
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Hello and Goodbye is the thirteenth episode of the seventh season of L.A. Law, and the one hundred fortieth episode overall.
Starring: Corbin Bernsen (Arnie Becker), Jill Eikenberry (Ann Kelsey), Alan Rachins (Douglas Brackman, Jr.), Michael Tucker (Stuart Markowitz), Susan Ruttan (Roxanne Melman), Blair Underwood (Jonathan Rollins), Larry Drake (Benny Stulwicz) (credit only), Sheila Kelley (Gwen Taylor), John Spencer (A.D.A. Tommy Mullaney), A Martinez (Daniel Morales), Lisa Zane (Melina Paros)
Guest Starring: Anne Twomey (Linda Salerno), Annie Corley (Phyllis Wodjack), Stephen McHattie (Gordon Reeve), David Schwimmer (City Attorney Dana Romney), Brian Reddy (Eric Simms), Stanley Grover (Judge Richard Lobel), Matthew Asner (Dr. John Michael Horowitz), Robert Lipton (Police Sergeant), Thomas Wagner (Detective Tom Blomquist), Sandy Biano (Foreperson)
and Shirley Knight (Belinda Collins)
- Tommy Mullaney, Sr. - last appearance
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Tommy Mullaney, Sr.: Get yourself a cup.
- Tommy Mullaney: You know I don't drink anymore.
- Tommy Mullaney, Sr.: Nah, this isn't anymore. This is special. We'll toast your baby.
- Tommy Mullaney: Pop, I'm not gonna have a drink.
- Tommy Mullaney, Sr.: All I'm asking...
- Tommy Mullaney: Try and think back to my... Listen!
- Tommy Mullaney, Sr.: A toast to Mullaney! Get yourself a cup! What's the harm?
- Tommy Mullaney: Pop, I'm not drinking with you.
- Tommy Mullaney, Sr.: This is a request. Don't you know? I'm...I'm dying!
- Tommy Mullaney: After 7 years of being sober, you want me to fall off the wagon out of pity?
- Tommy Mullaney, Sr.: What pity? I'm trying to celebrate.
- Tommy Mullaney: You're trying to screw me up one last time, and I won't let you!
- Tommy Mullaney, Sr.: Get out.
- Tommy Mullaney: Look, Pop, let's--
- Tommy Mullaney, Sr.: I'm being nice and you spit on me! Out!
- Tommy Mullaney: Pop!
- Tommy Mullaney, Sr.: Get the hell out of here!
- (Tommy turned and walk away because of a fight. Tommy, Sr. takes the hiding half-pint bottle of liquor underneath his blanket. Open and twisting the cap to pour his drink in his cup and drinks by himself. That's before he died of cardiac arrest. Without Tommy, Jr., he is not drinking with his father.)
- (Back at the hospital, A.D.A. Tommy Mullaney walks back at the hospital room, check, that his alcoholic father Tommy, Sr. is gone. And he's nowhere to be seen in the hospital bed. He's dead. Suddenly, Dr. John Michael Horowitz has arrived and got some bad news to report to Tommy, Jr.)
- Dr. John Michael Horowitz: We tried to call you as soon as he went into arrest. I'll need you to come downstairs and sign his paperwork.
- Tommy Mullaney: Huh? Um...I'll be out later.
- Dr. John Michael Horowitz: Sure. I'm sorry, Mr. Mullaney.
- (Tommy walks into to see that he make a Virgil of his late father who passed away. Tommy Jr. sits down for a few minutes.)