Weird Science/Bikini Camp Slasher
Bikini Camp Slasher is the eighth episode of the third season of Weird Science, and the thirty-fourth episode overall.
Uncredited: Dan Studney (Mittface)
Gary's claim that he can survive any slasher is put to the test when Lisa zaps the three of them into the cheap horror film they're watching.
- The episode came out a year before Scream which also spotlighted the tropes of slasher films by going over the "rules" they operated under.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- While the film they're in has echoes of the Friday the 13th films, the masked killer Mittface, while a Jason Voorhees pastiche, is named similarly to Leatherface of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre films.
- When Wyatt sees the chainsaw, he exclaims "Groovy", a popular quote from the chainsaw-wielding protagonist of the Evil Dead franchise Ash Williams.
- In securing the cabin, Gary checks off his horror knowledge:
- Michael Myers came through the window in the climax of Halloween (although he quietly sneaked in, not crashed as Gary implies)
- In Evil Dead II, the wife of the archaeologist who discovered the Necronomicon became possessed and was buried in the root cellar after he killed her where she attacked Ash.
- While the farmhouse in Night of the Living Dead was boarded up fairly well throughout the film, it became compromised when zombies crashed in through the front door.
- The boys chain the TV as it talked to Carol Anne in Poltergeist.
- The boys fail to take the chimney in mind from Silent Night, Deadly Night. However, this is understandable the depiction of the killer coming down the chimney was only depicted in the film poster.
- The film that accidentally tapes over Bikini Camp Slasher VIII is obviously Jurassic Park.
- VHS tapes could not be so easily recorded over. A commercially released tape, as VHS tape is as indicated by the label, had a tab removed that prevented them from being reused.
- Gary: The camera's shaky. That means the killer is watching.
- Lisa: How do you know so much about slasher movies?
- Gary: They have their own set of rules. For example, rule number 8: flashlight batteries always die at the worst possible moment.
- Gary: Rule number 6: characters with healthy sex drives are machete magnets.
- Lisa: My heel broke off.
- Gary: Rule 12: high heels always break when a homicidal maniac is chasing you.
- Lisa: But I wasn't wearing high heels when we zapped in.
- Gary: Rule 11: in these movies, women always wear high heels.
- Gary: Another rule: guys with guns and badges always die in the first 10 minutes.
- Rod: Who wants to party?
- Tiffany: Sure. We can go to the Indian burial grounds for a picnic.
- Brittany: I know. Why don't we all go skinny dipping in Lake Death?
- Tiffany: It's really dark and secluded with a lot of neat places where you can jump out and scare somebody.
- Rod: Sure, baby. It'll help take our minds off all the mysterious and grisly murders of the other camp counsellors.
- Gary: Rule 17: window stripteases are fatal.
- Lisa: What happened to Mittface?
- Gary: I can't believe I forgot! Rule number 1: the killer never dies the first time around.
- Wyatt: (seeing a giant dinosaur footprint) I just remembered what's on cable tonight.
- (loud thumping and roaring can be heard)
- Gary: Rule number 1: their vision is based on motion.