|On January 4, 2015, I will be shutting down the server that hosts The TV IV website. It has been a very long time since I've been able to put any decent amount of time into the site, and ad revenue is plummeting. I think it is time to shut it down or hand it off to someone who can keep it going properly. If you are interested in taking over the site's code and data, contact administrators at tviv.org. --CygnusTMtalk|
Torchwood/Greeks Bearing Gifts
From The TV IV
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Greeks Bearing Gifts is the seventh episode of the first season of Torchwood. A stranger gives Toshiko a pendant that enables her to read people's minds.
- Jack: Toshiko can't read Jack's thoughts and Mary remarks that he "smells different" from normal humans.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Silent Witness: Amanda Burton starred in Silent Witness as coroner Sam Ryan who helps the police solve homocide cases.
- Gwen: Well, Amanda Burton here has just completed the postmortem.
- Kubla Khan: On entering Torchwood, Mary quotes the beginning of Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poem Kubla Khan:
- In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.
- Owen: You know, Tosh, sometimes I think even that stick up your arse has got a stick up its arse.
- Overall Grade: N/A with 0 reviews
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0