The West Wing/A Proportional Response
From The TV IV
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
A Proportional Response is the third episode of the first season of The West Wing.
Starring: Rob Lowe (Sam Seaborn), Moira Kelly (Mandy Hampton), Dulé Hill (Charlie Young), Allison Janney (C.J. Cregg), Richard Schiff (Toby Ziegler), John Spencer (Leo McGarry), Bradley Whitford (Josh Lyman)
Co-Starring: Kathryn Joosten (Mrs. Landingham), NiCole Robinson (Margaret), Rose Rollins (Suzanne), Kim Webster (Ginger), Devika Parikh (Bonnie), Chad McKnight (Staffer #2), Jack Montoya (Floor Manager), Ivan Allen (Newscaster), Victor Love (Mike), Jana Lee Hamblin (Bobbi), Mindy Seeger (Chris), Andrew Shaifer (Reporter #4), Marvin Krueger (Officer #1), George McDaniel (Officer #2), Christopher Kriesa (Officer #3), Hunter Von Leer (Officer #4)
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Josh Lyman: No. I’m not gonna hide in my office. I’m gonna go into my office and devise a strategy. That is what I do. I’m a professional. I’m not a little boy.
Donna Moss: Hmm. That’s the spirit.
Josh Lyman: But if she calls, I’m at the dentist. I’ll be back in an hour.
- Toby Ziegler: How the hell did I get into trouble?
Josh Lyman: Today, all you had to do was get out of bed.
- Josh Lyman: Seriously Charlie, we call the President "Sir" everyone else is "hey, when am I gonna get that thing I asked for?"
- Sam Seaborn: Have you ever tried to overthrow the government?
Charlie Young: No, sir.
Sam Seaborn: What the hell's been stopping you?
- C.J. Cregg: Sam knows the difference between right and wrong and so do you. Would it make my life easier if he wasn’t friends with this woman? Absolutely. But Sam is a grown up and I don’t get to choose his friends and your readers don’t get to judge them. And I’ll tell you what else, there’s something commendable about Sam’s behavior here, don’t ask me what but there is, and I’m stickin’ by him until the President orders me otherwise and I’m going to look very unfavorably on those who seek only to make us look like fools.
- Leo McGarry: All set?
:President Jed Bartlet: You tell me.
Leo McGarry: That’s a pretty ugly tie.
President Jed Bartlet: My granddaughter gave me this tie.
Leo McGarry: So, my nephew gave me an ashtray he made at summer camp.
President Jed Bartlet: Get away from me. Somebody throw this guy out of the building!
- Charlie Young: I’ve never felt like this before.
Josh Lyman: It doesn’t go away.