| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Breakpoint is the twelfth episode of the second season of The Shield, and the twenty-fifth episode overall.
Starring: Michael Chiklis (Detective Vic Mackey), Catherine Dent (Officer Danielle "Danny" Sofer), Walton Goggins (Detective Shane Vendrell), Michael Jace (Officer Julien Lowe), Kenneth Johnson (Detective Curtis "Lemonhead" Lemansky), Jay Karnes (Detective Holland "Dutch" Wagenbach), Benito Martinez (Captain David Aceveda)
Guest Starring: Ron Canada (Chief of Police Tom Bankston), Brian White (Detective Tavon Garris), Cathy Cahlin Ryan (Corrine Mackey), David Rees Snell (Detective Ronnie Gardocki), Efrain Figueroa (Jorge Machado), Brent Roam (Tomas Motyashik), Frank Grillo (Officer Paul Jackson), Joel Bissonnette (Adam), Roy Fegan (William), Don McManus (Blaine), John Scherer (Gary Parsons)
Co-Starring: Matt Corboy (Officer Carlson), Camillia Sanes (Aurora Aceveda), Conn Barrett (Mary Kate), Dean Lemont (Huell), Simon Brooke (Porno Shop Clerk), Nick McCallum (Kandle), Eddie Espinoza (Shop Owner), Barry Sigismondi (Sheriff), James Martin Kelly (IAD Detective)
As Aceveda is under pressure to fire a number of the department, Vic helps Claudette and Dutch with helping find a missing teen.
- Unida - "Thorn"
- Heinz Kiessling - "Martini Genie"
- Naked Davis Jr. - "Fathead & Prinzini"
- Pat Lee, Grahame MacLean and Stephan North - "Eensy Weensy Spider"
- Naked Davis Jr. - "Big D"
- Michael Melvoin - "Sunflower"
- The money train is moved to a different location. Vic initially calls the whole thing off, but reconsiders.
- Tomas outs Julien publicly at the Barn.
- After Vic breaks into Corrine's because she changed the locks, he's arrested for questioning after she filed a domestic dispute complaint.
- Claudette tells the Chief of Police that she'd take the Captain position if it's offered to her.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Tomas Motyashik: (to Julien and his reorientation sponsor) You fags can hide behind Jesus all you want, but you're not fooling anybody.
- Danny: What's your name?
- Kandle: Kandle. You can light me up at both ends.
- Claudette: You allowed an innocent man to get the shit kicked out of him.
- Vic: He's not innocent. He's a paedophile. You should've seen the diseased crap we found at his place.
- Claudette: But he's innocent of this crime.
- Vic: Ah, I'm sure he'll think twice before cruisin' the school yard and committing his next crime.
- Claudette: But he's innocent now! You just don't get that, do ya?
- Tom Bankston: Is this a joke?
- Aceveda: No.
- Tom Bankston: I told you to cut the workforce by 20%. There are five names on this list.
- Aceveda: Those are the real problems. The others are good, hardworking people who deserve to keep their jobs.
- Tom Bankston: Vic Mackey?
- Aceveda: It all starts with him.
- Tom Bankston: Shane Vendrell, Ronald Gardocki, Curtis Lemansky... David Aceveda.
- Aceveda: They couldn't have done it without me.