Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle
From The TV IV
The Jungle; here I was born; and here my parents died when I was but an infant. I would have soon perished too, had I not been found by a kindly she-ape named Kala, who adopted me as her own and taught me the ways of the wild. I learned quickly, and grew stronger each day, and now I share the frendship and trust of all jungle animals.
The jungle is filled with beauty, and danger; and lost cities filled with good, and evil.
This is my domain, and I protect those who come here; for I am Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle.
In many ways this is the most faithful adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Tarzan.
- Tarzan is intelligent, and well spoken.
- His friend/sidekick is N’kima the monkey. (Cheeta is from the movies).
- The series uses much of Burroughs’ Mangani language.
- The series featured many of the lost cities from the novels.
|Season One||September 11, 1976||December 18, 1976||16|
|Season Two||September 10, 1977||October 15, 1977||6|
|Season Three||September 9, 1978||October 14, 1978||6|
|Season Four||September 15, 1979||November 3, 1979||8|
Season One aired by itself.
Season Two was aired as part of the Batman/Tarzan Adventure Hour.
Seasons Three and Four were aired as part of the 90-minute Tarzan and the Super 7.
“Seasons” five and six were repeats only, and aired as part of The Tarzan/Lone Ranger… Adventure Hour.
|Episode Collections - Various Series|
|1970s Volume 1||May 26, 2009||2||purchase|
- Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle at the Internet Movie Database
- Tarzan Movie Guide: Television Series 1966 – Present
- ERB-TV, Tarzan on Television
- opening credits