L.A. Law/That's Why the Lady Is a Stamp
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
That's Why the Lady Is a Stamp is the seventeenth episode of the seventh season of L.A. Law, and the one hundred forty-fourth episode overall.
Starring: Corbin Bernsen (Arnie Becker), Jill Eikenberry (Ann Kelsey), Alan Rachins (Douglas Brackman, Jr.), Michael Tucker (Stuart Markowitz), Susan Ruttan (Roxanne Melman) (credit only), Blair Underwood (Jonathan Rollins), Larry Drake (Benny Stulwicz), Sheila Kelley (Gwen Taylor), John Spencer (A.D.A. Tommy Mullaney) (credit only), A Martinez (Daniel Morales), Lisa Zane (Melina Paros)
Guest Starring: Peter Jurasik (Yale Tobias), Christopher Curry (Brian McCallister), Kate Collins (Judith Craig Benson), Ron Kuhlman (Frank Craig), Don Sparks (Russell Spitzer), Gloria Cromwell (Vivian Craig), Leland Orser (Richard Daggett), Will Utay (George Whelan), Michael Minor (Dr. Gerhardt), Larry Dobkin (Judge Saul Edelstein), Lou Wagner (Howard Figer)
Co-Starring: Mark Voland (Foreperson)
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- (Douglas closed the door.)
- Douglas Brackman, Jr.: So you know, Mr. Nuzzi, we take an interest in Benny Stulwicz' warfare.
- Arnie Becker: Lester about to tell us that's none of our business.
- Douglas Brackman, Jr.: Right. Because we maintain it's very much our business.
- Arnie Becker: In addition to being Benny's employers, we also administer his trust. Now if need be, we can march into court and get control of all of Benny's assets, as well as a protective order against you personally.
- Douglas Brackman, Jr.: And while we rather not do that, the next time we find out you're taking money from him. That's exactly what we'll do.
- (Dominic will explain.)
- Dominic Nuzzi: Are you done?
- Arnie Becker: Yeah.
- Dominic Nuzzi: Good. Let me set you straight about something up. I'm not afraid of you, all right? That's for openers. Ben Stulwicz and I have our own arrangement. That arrangement doesn't have anything to do with you.
- Arnie Becker: You're taking advantage of someone who is mentally retarded.
- Dominic Nuzzi: So far as I'm concerned, I'm not taking advantage of anyone. So happens, Ben's an adult.
- Douglas Brackman, Jr.: A retarded adult.
- Dominic Nuzzi: An adult. A grown man does not answer you or anyone else about how he spends his money.
- Arnie Becker: You're the one who's got an answer for it, Dominic.
- Dominic Nuzzi: Either of you ever take Ben to Vegas?
- Douglas Brackman, Jr.: That's not really the point.
- Dominic Nuzzi: I think it is the point. The fact that we're 45 minutes in the greatest spectacle in the western world. And before I took him, he never been. That's exactly the point.
- Arnie Becker: Believe it or not, Benny is never expressed any interest in Las Vegas.
- Dominic Nuzzi: And that said is still. Because I'll tell you what. He's really interested in going back. He saw lights, he saw action, he saw Siegfried and Roy, okay? He saw white tigers appear and disappear on command. Not much compares with that.
- Douglas Brackman, Jr.: And we're supposed to ignore the fact that it's Benny who pays for everything?
- Dominic Nuzzi: Hey, right now, he's the one who's got. So he's the one that pays. Well, I'm the one that's got. I'm the one that pays. With me Benny is Ben. He's not a retarded messenger boy, he's a man. We do the things that men do, we go to the track, we go to Vegas, because we're men. We don't need your permission or approval. You want to take me to court? Be my guest!
- (Dominic walks away and leaves the doors. But suddenly, opening the door is Benny. Dominic didn't know that Benny was here.)
- Benny Stulwicz: Dominic?
- Dominic Nuzzi: Hey, Ben, how ya doing?
- Benny Stulwicz: Well, what's going on?
- Dominic Nuzzi: We're just having a little chat.
- Benny Stulwicz: You guys gonna be friends?
- Dominic Nuzzi: Absolutely.
- Benny Stulwicz: Maybe they could go with us to the racetrack sometime.
- Dominic Nuzzi: Yeah, I don't see why not. Hey, listen, Ben, walk me out, will you? I gotta get going.
- Benny Stulwicz: Yeah.