L.A. Law/Speak, Lawyers, For Me
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Speak, Lawyers, For Me is the nineteenth episode of the fifth season of L.A. Law, and the one hundred third episode overall.
Starring: Harry Hamlin (Michael Kuzak), Susan Dey (Grace Van Owen), Corbin Bernsen (Arnie Becker), Jill Eikenberry (Ann Kelsey), Alan Rachins (Douglas Brackman, Jr.), Michele Greene (Abby Perkins), Jimmy Smits (Victor Sifuentes), Michael Tucker (Stuart Markowitz), Susan Ruttan (Roxanne Melman), Blair Underwood (Jonathan Rollins), Larry Drake (Benny Stulwicz), Amanda Donohoe (C.J. Lamb), John Spencer (Tommy Mullaney), Cecil Hoffmann (A.D.A. Zoey Clemmons) (credit only)
Guest Starring: Denis Arndt (Jack Sollers), Claudia Christian (Susan Convers), Paul Gleason (Coach John Lungren), Michael Fairman (Judge Douglas McGrath), Paul Regina (Felix Echeverria), Jodi Long (Christina Leong), Eriq La Salle (Kenny Webster), John Calvin (Bruce Ingalls), Michael O'Hare (Dr. Michael Lattimer), Geof Prysirr (Dennis Rhodes), Warren Munson (Judge Matthew Saucier), Ken Tobey (Judge Kent Watson)
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Judge Kent Watson: All Right, People, I have review Mr. Meyer's report very carefully, and--
- Judge Kent Watson: Where the hell is our moving party?
- (They have arrived too late. Michael Kuzak is making a decision.)
- Judge Kent Watson: 2:00, Counsel. I don't like lawyers showing up late.
- Michael Kuzak: I'm sorry, Your Honor. If I may, Judge, at this time we would like to withdraw our petition for receivership.
- Judge Kent Watson: Why?
- Mike Kuzak: Because I cannot stand here as an officer of the court and tell you that this firm is no longer viable. Sitting there, Your Honor, is an extraordinary pool of talent. As much as my ego would like to think they can't get along without us, I know better. Tommy Mullaney took over Jonathan Rollins trial and he hasn't missed a step. Yesterday, I sat and listened to Douglas Brackman deliver a closing argument that is one of the best I have ever heard, and he is not even supposed to be a litigator. Maybe you should be, Douglas, you're better than Jack here. Stuart Markowitz, Ann Kelsey, Arnold Becker, Leland McKenzie. These are great lawyers. There's a tremendous spirit at McKenzie Brackman. I can think of no greater atrocity, Your Honor, then to have that spirit or this firm extinguished.
- (It's Kuzak's decision to say goodbye.)
- Michael Kuzak: I'll miss working with you.
- (Arnie, Ann, and Stuart, Douglas, and Leland will miss him. Kuzak owe Judge Kent Watson an apology.)
- Michael Kuzak: We apologize for taking up court's time, Your Honor. We are prepared to pay costs.
- Judge Kent Watson: Motion withdrawn. Case adjourned.
- (They're now dismissed. The people are now leaving the courtroom.)