House, M.D./Medical Dictionary
From The TV IV
There are five sections to the House, M.D. Medical Dictionary:
- Anatomy and Biology
- Organs, tissues and chemicals found in the human body and biological terms and processes.
- Diseases, Disorders, Infections, Symptoms and Syndromes
- Illnesses of all kinds, the viruses and bacteria which cause them, and physical and psychological problems which may result from such illnesses and infectious agents.
- Drugs, Medications, Surgeries, Toxins and Treatments
- Natural and artificial remedies, chemicals which may affect the body if ingested or injected and types of surgery which doctors may perform for exploratory or corrective purposes.
- Specialties and Studies
- Fields of medical science and biology.
- Tests, Tools and Indicators
- Tests and other diagnostic and exploratory tools used by medical professionals, and the terms referring to results in those tests.