|On January 4, 2015, I will be shutting down the server that hosts The TV IV website. It has been a very long time since I've been able to put any decent amount of time into the site, and ad revenue is plummeting. I think it is time to shut it down or hand it off to someone who can keep it going properly. If you are interested in taking over the site's code and data, contact administrators at tviv.org. --CygnusTMtalk|
Deal or No Deal (USA)/Episode 236
Episode 236 is the thirty-eighth episode of the second season of Deal or No Deal, and the seventy-seventh episode overall.
NASCAR fan Charlyn Speth - who bore a striking resemblance to actress Vicki Lawrence, and was hyperactive throughout her hour-long game - had a great first two rounds, eliminating just the $200,000 case among the top seven amounts. Her $82,000 offer is where her game would peak, as she wiped out four mega amounts (including the $1 million prize) to see her next offer crash to $28,000.
- She did better in the next two rounds to see her deal recover to $77,000, but again landmined when she opened the top-remaining case holding $500,000 with six cases remaining. After a brief rebound, she lost the last case holding more than $1,000 - $100,000 - with four cases left. She turned down a $600 offer and promptly lost the $1,000 case to end with a choice between $400 and $500, and a $425 offer. She said no deal, and a chance to switch cases turned out to be a good choice: She ended with $500.
- The cases held by each of the models bore a NASCAR checkerboard-type motif.
- Unlike several sports fans who had season-ticket and/or "superfan" packages attached to their offers, none of Speth's potential deals had packages that included things such as NASCAR season tickets.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0