|As many of you have noticed, the site is experiencing issues that affect editing and display of images. This is due to resource limitations on the current server setup. I am in the process of moving the site to a dedicated server. This should be completed in a day or two.|
Bones/The Man in the Bear
The Man in the Bear is the fourth episode of the first season of Bones, and the fourth episode overall. A hand found inside a bear indicates ritual cannibalism.
Guest Stars: Chris Schuette (Lab Worker), K.D. Aubert (Toni), Alex Carter (Dr. Andrew Rigby), Marguerite MacIntyre (Dr. Denise Randall), Steve Reevis (Ranger Sherman Rivers), Rusty Joiner (Charlie), Tom Kiesche (Sheriff Chris Scutter)
An investigation into the shooting of a bear uncovers a human hand in his stomach. Hoping to identify the body, Bones notices that the hand was severed with a saw.
Going on field trip to Washington State, they are shepherded around by Native American Park Ranger Rivers. They find a tattoo fragment in the bear's droppings and notice that the skeletal remains have the characteristic signs of human chew marks, suggesting cannibalism. Identifying the body by way of the tattoo, they find he's a missing college student who knew Ranger Rivers. Visiting him at his home, he flees from them. However, he turns out to just be the poacher who shot the bear but is not a cannibal.
Following a lead provided by Sherman to a grove of trees the bear frequented, the find an arranged stone circle. A bit away, they find the body of the college student and the body of a woman with her heart removed. The stone circle is found to be a version of a medicine wheel.
On closer examination, the team back home finds regular marks on the body of the woman that are deduced to be a surgical rib spreader. Suspecting the doctor, they find him in the process of destroying evidence.
- Postman Charlie, the sheriff, and the doctor all flirt with Bones despite her obliviousness to it all, and are urged to by all her staff back home. Bones is likely to come back in the winter to ski with Charlie.
- Zack and Jack both compete for the attention of frequent delivery girl Toni. However, when pressed, Toni shows a preference for Angela.
- Songs featured this episode:
- "Looking at the World From the Bottom of a Well" by Mike Doughty
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- References the Clerks cartoon episode where Bear is Driving.
- Don't know what that means: Hannibal Lecter and The Blair Witch Project.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0