|As many of you have noticed, the site is experiencing issues that affect editing and display of images. This is due to resource limitations on the current server setup. I am in the process of moving the site to a dedicated server. This should be completed in a day or two.|
Battlestar Galactica (2003)/The Resistance: Webisode 1
The Resistance: Webisode 1 is the first of ten webisodes.
Beginning 67 days after the Cylon occupation of New Caprica, Saul Tigh, Galen Tyrol, Cally and Jammer plan the future of the Resistance and recruit former Viper pilot Tucker "Duck" Clellan to their cause.
- Cally has had her baby.
- Tucker "Duck" Clellan is in a relationship with a girl named Nora, and they intend to have a child of their own.
- The Cylons are attempting to create a civilian police force with the intention of "getting the Centurions off the streets".
- The first thing the Cylons did upon taking over New Caprica was apparently to build a jail and begin imprisoning anyone who breaks their rules, such as a curfew.
- Tigh, Tyrol, Cally, and Jammer are apparently in charge of the Colonial resistance.
- Someone named Charlie ("Longo"), who was in charge of the Resistance weapons cache, was captured by the Cylons and shot on sight. The weapons are temporarily being kept in Tyrol's quarters, although he is unhappy with this arrangement because of Cally and their baby.
- The resistance is small and lightly-armed, although Tigh and Jammer are attempting to recruit more, such as Duck.
Behind the Scenes
- The webisodes were originally intended to begin airing once a week starting ten weeks before the Season 3 premiere on October 6, 2006, but their release was delayed because of a conflict with the Writer's Guild of America.
Allusions and References
- [Duck and Jammer getting ready to leave Tyrol's]
Tyrol: One more for the road, keep out the cold and wet?
Duck: Oh no, not for me. Curfew's in twenty minutes, sun's going down even quicker and the last thing I wanna do is spend the night in a Cylon jail cell.
Jammer: Cylons show up to 'help' us, first thing they do is build a jail.
- [Jammer tests Duck to see if he's a good candidate for the Resistance]
Jammer: You hear about Longo?
Duck: No, what?
Jammer: Toasters got him. Found his weapons stash.
Nora: They shot him in cold blood?
Jammer: Toasters claim when they found his stash, he was reaching for his gun.
Duck: What? Charlie's not that stupid. Those frakkers murdered him.
Nora: Gods, poor Charlie. Hiding weapons in his tent, what does he expect?
(Duck notices a recruiting poster for the New Caprica Police)
Duck: And now they want us to do their dirty work for them. Are you kidding me, New Caprica Police? What a bunch of crap.
Jammer: Some people say it's a good thing.
Duck: (laughing) What?
Jammer: Get the Centurions off the streets and let us patrol them ourselves? Maybe Charlie would still be alive if-
Duck: No, no, no. No matter how you try to swing this, you work for the toasters, it's treason. That's it. (rips the poster down and crumples it)