|On January 4, 2015, I will be shutting down the server that hosts The TV IV website. It has been a very long time since I've been able to put any decent amount of time into the site, and ad revenue is plummeting. I think it is time to shut it down or hand it off to someone who can keep it going properly. If you are interested in taking over the site's code and data, contact administrators at tviv.org. --CygnusTMtalk|
Spike is a US network that specializes in programming aimed at male viewers.
The Nashville Network was established in 1983 as a country music oriented cable channel. Originally owned by National Life and Accident Insurance Company, Gaylord Entertainment bought it less than a year after its launching. Programming during the first years included country music-related variety shows, talk shows, lifestyle shows, game shows and sports programming.
In 1998 the network was bought by Westinghouse Electric Corporation, who also owned CBS. Having drifted away from its country roots, the name of the network soon changed to TNN (an abbreviation used since the mid-1980's). In 2000 - as WEC was acquired by Viacom - the name was changed again, now to The National Network (while still using TNN for short). Hoping to compete with USA and TNT, the target audience now became the 18-49-years-old.
In 2003, the programming had shifted to mainly include male-oriented shows, causing the Viacom to relaunch the network as Spike TV, shortened to Spike in 2006.
- Program Listing: A complete listing of shows that aired new episodes on Spike.
Shows in Limbo
- 10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty (Season 1) (January 10-February 14, 2014)
- Thrift Hunters (Season 1) (January 18-March 15, 2014)
- Tattoo Nightmares (Season 3) (April 8, 2014)
- Frankenfood (Season 1) (June 22-August 3, 2014)
- Hungry Investors (Season 1)
- Ink Master (Season 5) (Septemer 2-December 16, 2014)