|The site hasn't been moved yet, but the resource problem has been solved in the short term.|
Emily Locke suffers from schizophrenia, and lost custody of her two children when they were very young.
Here is the paperwork that the private investigator passes to Locke in "Deus Ex Machina". The file shows that Locke's mother stayed in Santa Rosa Mental Health institute, which is the same mental ward where Hurley learned about the cursed numbers.
The details from her Californian driving license are:
- Name: Emily Annabeth Locke
- Address: 2448 Greenwood Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90019
- Sex: F
- Hair: BRN
- Eyes: BRN
- HT: 5-05
- WT: 115
- DOB: 10-15-40
- License #: 11771752 Class C
- Expires: 03-20-94
- Signed: 03-20-90
The Santa Rosa admission record adds:
- Home Phone: 213 555 0189
- Admission #: 846434
- Admission Date: 05/12/95 10:22
- Room #: 345
- Previous Admission #: 564815
- Previous Admission Date: 10/5/92
- Medicare #: 31803-A
- Pharmacy: Skadden Pharmacy
- Marital Status: D (divorced)
- Spouse Living?: Y
- Next of Kin: Bea Jones (Aunt), 15347 Ocean Ave.,
- Admitted From: Self Admit
- Primary Admitting Diagnosis: Manic Disorder
- Secondary Admitting Diagnosis: Depr...? (presumably depression)
- 1x19 - Deus Ex Machina: First appearance.
- 1x19 - Deus Ex Machina: "I want to tell you that you're special. Very special. You are part of a design. You do realize that, don't you? That our meeting, me finding you, this is a sign of things to come. Great thing. [...] Still alive? Oh, John, don't you understand? You don't have a father. You were immaculately conceived."
- 1x19 - Deus Ex Machina: "It was his idea. I'm sorry, John. [...] I needed some money. He's always been good that way. Your father's always been generous. [...] Well, he said that was the only way you would give it to him. It had to be your idea. He told me where to find you. He asked me to go see you. I wanted to see you."