From The TV IV
Wild at Heart
Should I start moving Wild at Heart (UK) back to Wild at Heart? —Naddy 11:18, 17 May 2007 (EDT)
Eureka Season Two
Hi, You are not naming the source of your episode titles. VisitEureka.net go through great lengths to get ahold of those titles, so we'd really appreciate a little link back... We don't mind ya using them, as long as you give us credit which you are currently not doing which is a breach of copyright.
- My friend, it's called common courtesy. Are you making the effort to get these titles? No - you're logging onto someone else's site and taking information that they've worked hard to get. Remove the reference once Sci Fi announces them officially by all means, but until they do so referencing your source would be a decent thing to do. How would you like to see something you've worked hard to get just taken from you without even saying its from you? Common courtesy is all... NBC U never announced that information, VisitEureka.net did... Not saying you're a bad guy... but how would you like it if our positions were reversed in this matter?
- 'Preciate the external links link. It's something - but it still doesn't show that you're getting the info from me.
I changed back the credit for Conchita Campbell to credit only because I'm pretty sure that she only appeared in the "previously on". I was going to rewatch the episode when I got home, but my TiVo has already deleted it. If you think she was in the episode then I have no problem with it being changed back. DCEdwards1966 | Talk 20:25, 9 July 2007 (EDT)
I guess it could go either way, but I see Anchorwoman as a late summer show instead of an early fall show. What would you think about moving it from the Fall 2007 grid to the Summer 2007 grid? DCEdwards1966 | Talk 22:07, 15 August 2007 (EDT)
On the Main Page the text is
'It premieres Sunday January 13th at 8PM (or after the NFL playoff game) on FOX. The premiere episode will be two hours long and then the following night, January 15th, it premieres in its regular timeslot of Mondays at 9PM. Eight episodes plus the two hour pilot were finished before the writers strike shut down production so the series will air straight through to a two hour finale on March 3rd (excepting a one-week break for the State of the Union Address).'
the premiere episode was 1 hour long, January the 15th was a Tuesday, the second episode was on Monday the 14th of January, 'Eight episodes plus the two hour pilot should read' Eight episodes plus the one hour pilot.
thanks for writing a new featured article, pushing daisies was starting to push the daisies.
- thanks, nicely done —Neil
First of all, thanks a lot for all the work you did on them. I didn't realize how little there was left for me to do until last week, when I opened all the files you'd created and realized just what a huge chunk you did.
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just go ahead and put them up last summer? I'm not complaining or chiding you at all, mind you. Just wondering if you thought something else needed to be done, when in fact, very little did. You'd done the overwhelming majority of the grunt work already. Or maybe you were waiting to see if I could come back and administrate them, in which case I completely understand.
In any event, I had a little computer problem last night which caused there to be a delay in putting up the other half of the categories. I'm back on it now. However, I changed your signatures to "the-jam," so you might want to go back and see if you agree with yourself six months ago and change the tags to your namestamp where appropriate.
- Fair enough. Like I said, I was asking out of curiosity's sake, not as a rebuke. Regardless, you did really great work, and I can't thank you enough. -- JCaesartalk 22:02, 16 January 2008 (EST)
How'd you do that neat little trick of putting a blog post at the top as a site announce? Can you please walk me through it so I can do the same for the IVy Awards? Thanks. -- JCaesartalk 19:12, 17 January 2008 (EST)
Hey, just to give you a heads-up, there's a template we put on people's User pages when we block them. It's "banned|reason=[whatever the reason]" inside the double template brackets. Not that big a deal, and it's not likely to be terribly necessary for vandals and spammers, but it just helps us keep track of things should questions ever arise. Thanks. -- JCaesartalk 01:40, 29 January 2008 (EST)
The ABC press release for Confirmed Dead lists Leung, Davies, Mader and Fahey as guest stars. Later press releases further that trend, so I'm not sure about removing them from the guest star section of the articles or not. --Cheshire Cat 11:05, 8 February 2008 (EST)
Hi, sorry for my mistake in editing the Lost cast table. To be honest, the inclusion of the character aliases just plain irritates me, since I know who the characters are, but I understand if you feel some people still refer to Tom as "Zeke", to use a simple example.
About Dominic Monaghan: I am aware that he was credited with the main cast in episode 401, but the same was done with Malcolm David Kelley for all his performances in season 2 (in the opening credits for episode 201, 206, 222 & 223, Malcolm is listed with the main cast), yet you have him as recurring for season 2 on the table, that's the only reason I thought Dominic Monaghan should be recurring for season 4. So please tell me then why Malcolm is recurring for season 2 but Dominic isn't for season 4? I'm not trying to be difficult, I honestly just want to know what the difference is... Neil sa 09:33, 23 February 2008 (EST)
When cleaning up a spam attack, the first thing you should do is put some of the linked sites on the SpamBlacklist. Typically there are only a limited number of target sites and they are used again and again in each accident. Once you put them on the blacklist, the attack stops right there. You can then leisurely clean up the damage. Simply blocking the throwaway users is not effective at keeping the spammers from coming back and vandalizing more pages. The blacklist is. —Naddy 13:08, 25 February 2008 (EST)
Thanx for the update, I understand what you mean about some characters not being important enough to go on the main page's table. I did add Alan Dale since I have a feeling he will become a much more prominent character, especially since he is appearing in next week's episode - which is Juliet-centric. Anyway, I guess we could leave him off the table and see what direction his character takes in the future.
One more thing - Bea's full name was revealed in two of the mobisodes when Lost refered to her as Beatrice. Neil sa 07:25, 1 March 2008 (EST)
Default Sort Tags
To be honest, I only removed the default sort tags because it looked to me like you were removing them from all-caps shows, or maybe I was getting confused with shows where punctuation or whatever was throwing them off. Personally, I don't care, and if I removed them in cases where I shouldn't have, I'm really sorry. Personally, I don't care if they're only used on shows with preceding articles or not. I won't remove any more in the future. -- JCaesartalk 04:29, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
Hell's Kitchen Fifth season
I just saw you updated Hell's Kitchen to say a fifth season will air in Summer 2008. The fourth season, which starts on April 1, will be running through the summer. So, I'm not sure what you meant. Has it gotten renewed for a fifth season, and you perhaps meant Summer 2009? -Joltman 12:10, 26 March 2008 (EDT)
Battlestar Galactica - Razor
I see you changed Razor to one episode instead of two with the reason of 'by site conventions razor was one episode'. I'm not sure what you mean by that, I've seen other shows where an episode originally aired as one but was listed as two, such as The Office (USA)/Fun Run. Additionally, The Futon Critic lists it as two episodes. -Joltman 14:52, 11 April 2008 (EDT)
The statement that 90210 is a remake of Beverly Hills, 90210 is as far as I know merely speculation. If there is some source for this, please add it to the article, otherwise it can't be regarded anything more than rumors. Pierre 13:12, 5 June 2008 (EDT)
- So - what the official sources say is that it is a spinoff, nothing more. Anything else - such as similarities between the two series - is personal interpretation, without any factualm, official basis. right? Pierre 13:42, 5 June 2008 (EDT)
- So basically - what tviv.org calls a series is based upon individual opinions, rather than established facts?? There goes much of my confidence in the site :/ Pierre 14:21, 5 June 2008 (EDT)
- If there is no valid sources calling it a remake, to say anything more than that it has been called or considered a remake is personal opinions. I wont be pushing this though; just lament that the site isn't as careful regarding its articles as I had thought and hoped. Thanks for taking your time, though. :) Pierre 14:56, 5 June 2008 (EDT)
- So basically - what tviv.org calls a series is based upon individual opinions, rather than established facts?? There goes much of my confidence in the site :/ Pierre 14:21, 5 June 2008 (EDT)
Thanks for removing the section of the article on Jennifer Garner which claimed that Garner had had her ears "pierced" on two different occasions. The editor who put that there also tried the same thing on the original Wikipedia article several times in the past, but it had to be removed more than once because it did not meet any of Wikipedia's criteria.
The same editor also used that Wikipedia account specifically to place her claim, which is entirely unsourced and was fabricated solely for the purpose of trolling. She has repeatedly denied being the author of the articles she linked in an attempt to fool other readers of the article, but her history at Wikipedia, and now here, says otherwise...so thanks again for preserving the article's integrity. Eyes Only 01:50, 23 June 2008 (EDT)
I was going to block someone that spammed, but I wanted to check on how you do it. When you block, there are three checkboxes, do you leave them all checked? And you set the expiry for infinite, right? -Joltman 08:06, 23 June 2008 (EDT)
You marked Alicia Witt's character as returning for season eight. I don't know if you watch the show, but she was only on the first part of season seven. Did you see somewhere that she was coming back? -Joltman 12:18, 27 June 2008 (EDT)
Thanks for the info, have submitted request for reciprocal links to them now, unless given this kind of information, it is hard for people to know what is acceptable and what is not. Perhaps in the near future, could there be a page of guidelines added, so that people have some idea of the kind of additions to make or not make, rather than receiving a response which often appears to be an abrasive scolding. Other than that, have no problem with your tips given, cheers... --Alcatel 02:17, 16 September 2008 (EDT)
It is my work. did you not read the talk page? if I cannot create content and post it to here and there simultaneous,ly, I am not going to bother here. I fully expected interactig branching, but not wholesale deletion. K3vin
Thanks you so much for your help. I hope my edits have been overal satisfactory. Iam taking note of the formats, as you adjust the edits I make, and will continue in your format. I have a plan to convert the person page David Winters to be 100% compatible, so feel free to add the boiler plate if you want, but I will be getting to it. I really like this site. I will probably start posting here first enstead of secon, so there will not be the adjustments in the future. Most of my edits, you may have noticed are part of my larger David Winter documentation project. I freely admit I am a bit focued on that persons career/
Full Disclosure: AFTER I decided to write my first bio on him, I was challenged as to his notability. In my search for sources I stumbled upon a Facebook page with his name, face and country. I clicked on it thinking at the very lease it would be a good source for bibliographic materials. It was him. He and I now correspond regularly and he has supplied me with a trove of back stage pictures and anecdotes and even his W.I.P. biography. Rest assured, I am a scholar first and a fan second, and fully intend on sourcing my more outrageious allegations. I know they are not required, but I prefer my stuff to be unimpeachable. Habit. See my wikipedia bio for more info HERE
- all the best
- --K3vin 20
- 08, 13 October 2008 (EDT)
Thanks for the heads up. It might be a day or two before I can really concentrate enough to write anything meaningful. I'm going to be buried in work until Monday if not later, but I'll try to catch a moment before the weekend's up. -- JCaesartalk 01:44, 31 October 2008 (EDT)
My Name is Earl: Regarding music references
I don't see how your personal commentary on Van Halen or Lynyrd Skynyrd belongs in a section that details which songs appear on the episodes in this television series. Is there any justifiable reason for this? I am removing the commentary till a reasonable explanation is given...something other than "leave the notes on music related references in place". - Morpheus84
Baron Samedi in The Butterfly Effect
Could you get a screen shot of Baron Samedi's appearance in The Butterfly Effect, 'cause I've rewatched the episode several times, and havn't spotted him... ---Pierre 18:14, 2 December 2008 (EST)
Appearance counts for Mader and Davies
Hi, I changed the episode appearances for both Jeremy Davies and Rebecca Mader because both of them were also absent from Meet Kevin Johnson. So their episode counts for season 4 are actually 11 and 10 respectively, which is why I changed it in the table. Neil sa 6 January 2009
- Thanx for the hint. Glad I could help with those character appearances. Neil sa 01:43, 7 January 2009 (EST)
Lost character appearances
Hi there, I have made some changes to the episode appearances in the Lost characters table. Here are some notes and reasons for the changes:
1. In season 4, episode 8 (Meet Kevin Johnson), none of the characters on the beach were shown. It only featured scenes on the freighter and at the barracks. Therefore, Jack, Kate, Juliet, Sun and Jin were also missing from the episode and I lowered their episode counts (as I did for Daniel and Charlotte two days ago)
2. I lowered Libby's episode count as she only appeared in 16 episodes of season 2 and one episode in season 4, adding up to 17 episodes. (Was missing from 7 season 2 episodes: Man of Science, Man of Faith, Adrift, Orientation, Fire + Water, One Of Them, The Whole Truth and Three Minutes. 23 season 2 episodes minus 7 = 16 plus one season 4 episode = 17.
3. I lowered Boone's episode count, as he appeared in 21 episodes of season 1 (all but Confidence Man, Numbers and Born to Run). Additionally he guest starred in one episode of season 2 and two episodes of season 3, adding up to 24 episodes in total.
4. I lowered Walt's episode count, as he appeared in 21 episodes of season 1 (all but Confidence Man, Raised by Another and Deus Ex Machina). Additionally, Malcolm David Kelley starred in four episodes of season 2 (Man of Science, Man of Faith, Abandoned, Three Minutes and Live Together, Die Alone), one episode of season 3 (Through the Looking Glass), and one episode of season 4 (There's No Place Like Home, Part 2). This adds up to 27 episodes. Added to this is the appearance of young Walt in Adrift and his quick appearance by an extra in Meet Kevin Johnson.
If you feel that I have missed anything or made any mistakes, please inform me. Neil sa 13:58, 8 January 2009 (EST)
Queen of Swords
point me in the direction of how to present an episode guide on this site where it has been done how you like??REVUpminster 13:21, 6 February 2009 (EST)
I see what you want and it will take along time to do each episode and I consider myself an expert. Check out the wikipedia entry .i did most of it including the images. How was my DVD entry here? I added a bit more than my wiki entry plus a link. I have also had a go at Queen of Swords/Tessa Alvarado here.--REVUpminster 15:21, 6 February 2009 (EST)
Re the DVD being French, Thats because it is the only official DVD available. I found out about through the Simon MacCorkindale fan club (He was in one episode and a Co Executive producer of the series). I live in England and this series was never shown here until September last year. No DVD is available from amazon.com or amazon.uk. The story that Zorro productions killed the series gains currency. I spoken to fans in Canada and other countries and we all get reruns from the American cropped pan and scan 4/3 version, when it was made in widescreen ideal for flat screen tv. A mexican fan saw it in New York but can not see it in his own country. Strange????--REVUpminster 18:40, 6 February 2009 (EST)
- I am only copying and adapting what I have written on wikipedia. If you look at the history I use the same ID there as here and am still adding to the article. 2+2=4 you can not change a fact such as a name just because it is on wikipediaREVUpminster 12:17, 12 February 2009 (EST)
- I did adapt the opening paragraph to what I considered correct as I did on the wikipedia page when I did a minor edits, but somethings can not be changed. I added the music section and link because I created all of it on wikipedia and found the music on the defunct QoS website (where your images have come from)and uploaded it to youtube.REVUpminster 12:32, 12 February 2009 (EST)
- I am trying to make a simple link ie; show on article (Ep1) and be taken to Queen_of_Swords/Destiny but I can not do it and hide the link REVUpminster 13:46, 12 February 2009 (EST)
- I done the links on Queen_of_Swords/Tessa_Alvarado page. I'll eventually do the restREVUpminster 18:08, 12 February 2009 (EST)
- I have now done 1 to 14, 18,19,20 removed some of the stub notices but some still need tweaking.REVUpminster 13:18, 17 February 2009 (EST)
I have completed every episode, and the Tessa Alvarado page, removed the stub notices except on the Tessie Santiago page. I am thinking of changing the image to another one from the same source, but not the images I posted on wikipediaREVUpminster 13:44, 21 February 2009 (EST)
Question regarding cancelled shows
If a show gets cancelled, but not until the next season, should it go in the Cancelled XXXX-XXXX Season article that it last aired in, or was cancelled in? -Joltman 07:14, 25 February 2009 (EST)
- Thanks for the response, now I have another related question. What if a show is never announced as being officially cancelled, and just doesn't return, or is revealed by heresay (ie a star of the show says on an interview that the show won't return)? Should that go into the page for whenever it was found out? -Joltman 14:04, 25 February 2009 (EST)
20 Choice Limit?
- Thanks for the explanation - can you link me to the Hulu page? MarkDilley
- I have looked and the only Hulu page I can find is the one I created. I see there are links to external sites, which ones are selected and how many are too many - where is it talked about? Best, MarkDilley
- good to know on the reciprocal linking - I have often had luck when linking to someone - they see the wiki love and eventually link back. But understand the reluctance. I will be on the lookout for those types of links. Best, MarkDilley
Kim Possible & Reba
You know what, i don't need you telling me to stop putting info on Kim Possible & Reba, Reba should be a movie, and if you don't like it, well gee i'll find somewhere to live with it. Word18
- "Shark Tank" will premiere over the summer following the special 10th anniversary primetime return of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire," and will then move to Tuesday nights at 8:00 p.m.
--Davidscarter 21:54, 19 May 2009 (EDT)
- And where did you find that information?--Davidscarter 23:23, 19 May 2009 (EDT)
Thejam, Tommorrow at 6PM at my school, i'm getting an award for math. Texasboy22 19:52, 2 June 2009 (EDT)
Thanks for correcting my links. I do get in a tangle with the templates. I have to copy/paste an existing one and adapt it. Although I am quite good at images now. Still carrying on with Queen of Swords. Odd only a few days ago,I put David Carradine image on The Serpent's page.REVUpminster 18:17, 4 June 2009 (EDT). sucide might be prematureREVUpminster 05:12, 5 June 2009 (EDT)
American Idol episode numbering
Hi, the press releases do indeed have their system of numbering. However, (in my opinion) the numbering seems very illogical and hard to follow when you are trying to determine what the exact number of episodes actually is. For example say 501/502 being an episode number for the auditions in one city (in that case "Chicago". In that particular case would make sense if there were two audition cities shown in one episode (e.g. Chicago AND Denver). I am merely trying to help people follow the episodes in the correct sequence without too much confusion, and having viewed all episodes from my own collection, these content updates are accurate. Please let me know your thoughts tho, by all means. --Alcatel 18:04, 5 June 2009 (EDT)
Also, the production number I put in is - season number, episode number for that season, then the episode number (of all episodes) overall... hope that helps? --Alcatel 18:21, 5 June 2009 (EDT)
Thanks for the feedback, and yep will put those numbers in that field as requested. --Alcatel 19:11, 5 June 2009 (EDT)
I see your keeping an eye on me, because these templates cause me aggro. I have to copy paste one from another page and adjust it. I'm having a go at Torchwood. Why put the cast in small print? It is taken from the episode and no extra names can be added. I am also doing Cimarron Strip but my station keeps repeating the same episodes so I am stuck at the moment. Queen of Swords will be my definitive programme, still some images to add, I want one for every page (that's 40 images) and tweaking the words.REVUpminster 06:35, 9 July 2009 (EDT)
Hi I would still like to know why the small print for the Torchwood cast? Thankyou. By the way this series has some of the best writing and plotting, very political, like a reverse Dr Strangelove. Read the quotes, especially Day Four.REVUpminster 12:30, 10 July 2009 (EDT)
Randall_and_Hopkirk_(Deceased)_(1969)/Could_You_Recognise_That_Man_Again? This page needs deletion but I do not know how to do it. I have inserted correct page and all links. ThankyouREVUpminster 09:04, 28 July 2009 (EDT)
I noticed that you deleted all my revisions. Should I just leave it as "Official ABC TV Store" or is that not allowed? I'm just wondering. Thanks! UrbanOverdose 10:52, 3 September 2010 (EDT)
Fake information edits
I just had to revert several recent edits by Maria20, including ones where she/he included fake info about Kim Possible airing on KSTW and KCBS-TV at those articles and claimed at the KPTV article that Fuse TV airs on a KPTV subchannel (even though it does not, after I found out by checking). After doing some checking on articles she/he vandalized before, I think this is the same poster who has done similar past false info edits using the names Maria55, Maria34, Maria32, Maria31, Maria23, Maria18, Maria17, Rebafan52, Texasboy22, Texasboy11 and Word18. Eyes Only 02:41, 29 January 2010 (EST)
Just wanted to mention that WPGA-TV did become independent as of January 1. I checked out their website's program schedule and the ABC affiliation has been dropped in favor of what they're carrying now, so I've edited the article to reflect the change. Hope that helps. Eyes Only 04:58, 30 January 2010 (EST)
Good to have you back
I saw that you hadn't posted in over a month and I was worried you weren't coming back. I'm glad you're back, I tried to do some of your normal updates, but I couldn't keep up with them. -Joltman 08:01, 2 February 2010 (EST)
KAMR-TV, KVII-TV, KCIT
I'd rather talk about this over email, so email me at joltmanster at gmail dot com -Joltman 08:36, 25 October 2010 (EDT)
Main page =
It seems that no user with admin rights is willing to update the main page anymore; would you be able to either unlock it, or give extended rights to an active user? --Pierre 12:40, 16 December 2010 (EST)