|The site hasn't been moved yet, but the resource problem has been solved in the short term.|
Buffy the Vampire Slayer/This Year's Girl (1)
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
This Year's Girl (1) is the fifteenth episode of the fourth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the seventy-first episode overall.
Guest Starring: Kristine Sutherland (Joyce Summers), Amber Benson (Tara Maclay), Leonard Roberts (Forrest Gates), Bailey Chase (Graham Miller), Chet Grissom (Detective), Alastair Duncan (Collins), Harry Groener (Mayor Richard Wilkins III)
Monster of the Week
There is no monster of the week, aside from a flayed demon who briefly appears and messenger on behalf of the Mayor with the tape for Faith. Instead, the episode deals with Faith waking from her coma and attacking Buffy with a device which switches their bodies.
- Foreshadowing: Faith has another prophetic dream involving Buffy, with the last one being in the season three finale. In the dream, Buffy and Faith are making the bed in Buffy's house. Buffy tells faith that she has to go because there's much work to do, which Faith acknowledges, saying that "little sis" is coming.
- Watchers Council: Collins, Weatherby and Smith (although their names aren't given except in the credits) arrive in Sunnydale after Faith awakens from her coma and escapes. What exactly they're doing is unknown, but it is made clear that they are agents of the Watchers Council.
- 3x22 - Graduation Day (2): Faith was put into a coma by Buffy after suffering head trauma and a series of other injuries during their fight. Buffy attacked her in hopes of using her blood to cure Angel, who had been poisoned with a substance that could only be cured with the blood of a Slayer. Later that day, the Mayor ascended into demonhood and blown up inside the school after he ate Principal Snyder, broke Larry's back and employed a horde of vampires to keep the students at bay.
- 3x13 - The Zeppo: Faith and Xander had sex one night after Xander aided her escape from a demon member of an apocalypse cult. Their history was very brief and, when Xander last tried to use their "connection" to help her, she nearly strangled him to death.
- Xander: You see, Faith and I have a little thing between us called "history."
- Chronology: The first day depicted in this episode takes place on February 25, 2000.
Behind the Scenes
- International: Buffy the Vampire Slayer has been dubbed into many different languages and the title translated for each different international version. Some international translations of this episode's title are:
- French: "Une Revenante, Première Partie" ("A Ghost, Part 1")
- Italian: "La Ragazza dell'Anno" ("The Girl of the Year")
- German: "Böses Erwachen" ("Bad Awakening")
- Spanish: "La Chica del Año" ("The Girl of the Year")